Will Rise of Flight share the same code-base as BOS? In other words: Will features that will be developed for BOS also be available in updates for RoF?
1. I've already answered that one my friend, but there is no guarantee that something made for BOS will automatically be put into ROF. Only the possibility exists at this point.
So what are these 'brand new gameplay modes' and 'unique new experiences' if they don't involve not MMO-style gameplay?
Secondly and very importantly: combat AI. Is there any plan to improve/change the RoF AI code for this project?
Third: Channel map. Will the aircraft of Battle of Stalingrad be flyable on the Channel map, allowing creation of missions using this map?
Fourth: +1 to providing as soon as possible a flyable/non flyable aircraft list. You must already have specced out the basic list, can you share?
1. We only have some ideas at this point. Don't read too much into that topic yet.
2. We have AI programmers and they will work on WWII AI for our engine. Faster planes, different performance and tactics with new types of vehicles etc. Work on AI is inherent to any new sim. Details on how it will change is unknown at this time.
3. No sorry.
4. The plane list will be released in the future. We're still working on some details.
Will there be a merge of the new game to Cliffs of Dover as promised?
1. See FAQ, but no. This promise was not made by the new management.
Will there be a dedicated, standalone server-module for BOS?
1. Yes that is in our plans.
- Will BoS have a dynamic campaign like ROF?
- Will BoS have the same mission editor as ROF or will it be improved?
- Will it be possible for users to create their own campaigns in BoS?
1. It will have a career system the details of which are not clear as we are still designing it.
2. The ME will probably be very similar, it is very powerful. Whether we change the interface or not is something I don't know. If you are interested in learning how to make missions, I suggest learning how to make them in ROF. Some really cool, unique stuff can be made with our current ME. We know some don't like the interface, but changing that is a huge task.
1. With a brand new game engine being created, what version of DX are we looking at as a standard?
2. Will we have a Full Mission Builder that we are accustomed to in all the previous IL2 series games?
3. What are the ballpark numbers for available planes to fly at initial release?
4. What are the ballpark numbers for planes that come with the product vs. planes that need to be purchased to fly them?
5. Any idea how much each of the new planes will be?
6. If we want to choose to do so, will there be a package deal that will allow us to purchase everything being released at a single price point at inital release?
7. Will there be an option for user created content for private hosting or offline capabilities?
8. Will it have a scripting language that we can code in things the way CLOD has allowed?
1. It's not a brand new engine. DX9 will be standard at launch.
2. See my earlier comments about the ME.
3. No comment yet.
4. No comment yet.
5. it's not going to be exactly like ROF so I can't answer this.
6. We plan different packages.
7. I'm not an expert on scripting. This is something someone from the dev team should answer. A lot of scripting already happens in ROF missions so I don't know how exactly to answer this. ROF has many complex features for missions and events in both SP and MP.